Sunday, November 18, 2007

Daphne Talks & Loves -- has also Learned Colors and Emotions

Daphne is becoming so talkative. She is starting to string together adjectives and nouns, nouns and verbs. Very cool!

She has also learned her colors. She knows black, red, green, yellow, blue, white. I think she learned her colors because of the Play-Doh I bought!

Here are some videos of Daphne expressing her love:





Also, she has learned to express her emotions! The other day, I was feeling frazzled because Lotus needed me, but Daphne was asking for my attention. I told Daphne to hold on for a minute, and then she started to whimper and say that she was sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said something like, "Sad. I'm sad. I'm sad."

I have been trying to teach her to express herself with her words because sometimes she uses inappropriate actions to express herself (like throwing books). So I made up a song using different emotions. I just sing the name of the emotion over and over while expressing the emotion on my face and with my body. I have been trying to teach her about happiness, sadness, frustration, anger and surprise.

Very cool, huh?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment