Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Daphne Used the Potty!!!

So, Emmanuel and I have been trying to get her to use the toilet, and after many accidents and washer cycles later--SHE FINALLY DID IT ALL BY HERSELF TODAY!

Emmanuel was actually the one to initiate our potty training efforts. She was running low on diapers, and I had ordered late from Amazon.com, so he decided to put a pair of panties on her to see how she would fare. We even rented a toilet training DVD from the library! She watched that DVD over and over again, but to no avail. We were still having to mop up and disinfect our floor every couple of hours.

At one point, we gave her a cup full of soy milk and sat her down on her potty with the DVD in her portable DVD player. But she demanded to get up during the third viewing of the DVD, only to soil herself 15 minutes later!!!!!!!!!!!

Daphne actually witnessed Lotus take a wee-wee on her potty. Emmanuel believes witnessing Lotus successfully use Daphne's potty stunned and amazed Daphne. He believed that it would drive Daphne to want to use the potty, too.

I'm not sure if her achievement today was spurred on by being one-upped by her younger sister, but I'm glad, regardless.

Here is a quick summary of how it happened:

I was sitting at my computer, paying bills online, with Lotus next to me in her Bumbo. Daphne came and started chattering, and I was absentmindedly agreeing to whatever it was she was babbling about (she was probably trying to tell me she needed to use the potty--I know, I know--how horrible of me). She walked away and came back with her potty. She set it on the ground and started babbling again. I noticed it, asked her if she was going to pee. She replied in the affirmative. I wasn't really excited because she has told me in the past that she needed to pee (usually right after she had peed), and then she'd sit on the potty for a few minutes, then get up when she got bored (no pee or poo in the potty). So I told her to take off her panties and sit on her toilet, and turned back to my bill-paying. She calls for my attention half a minute later, and there she stands; her panties still on, but her potty is full of urine!!! I wish I had seen it! Her panties where all wet, but most of her pee was in the potty. I don't know if she just couldn't get her panties off in time, she just wanted to pee in them, or what. Hopefully, she will do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment