Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Snobby Snobster, Jeeves and Wooster, Going to the Library, Poo in Potty

The same day Daphne peed in her potty, she also pooped in her potty. After she made her poop, she stood up and started to call for me to help her. When she saw the poop she had made, it was so massive and ugly, she freaked out and cried! She was weeping and saying, "Oh no, oh no" while staring at her poop in horror. She has not used the potty since. She has been very defiant and has been actively avoiding the potty. Very sad. I wonder when she'll start using it again! I can't believe she got freaked out by the sight of her own poop!

A week or so ago when Emmanuel was at the park with Daphne, he told me that a five-year-old boy was blocking her way down the slide. He was yelling, "No girls allowed, no girls allowed" while waving a stick, I think. Daphne, in response, apparently turned around, crossed her arms, and TURNED UP HER NOSE at him. Emmanuel told me that all the adults laughed, he was very proud, and that the little boy looked annoyed. My cousin Catherine, a week before this incident, had said that she imagined Daphne growing up to be a sort of snobby elitist, and I suppose (thanks to Emmanuel, of course, not me) Catherine will end up being correct.

Daphne has been doing this hilarious thing where she performs a faux-curtsy and says either, "I want to wear a coat" or "I want to wear clothes." Then she sticks up her two pointer fingers, and wiggles them while saying, "dinky-dinky." It is the cutest, most oddest thing. We don't know how/where she learned it. I will post a video of this soon, so check back.

Emmanuel and I have been watching this old (from the early 90s) English comedy series called "Jeeves and Wooster". It stars a mid-20s Hugh Laurie (Dr. House on House, MD) as Wooster, a man of the English leisure class, and his brilliant, clever valet, Jeeves. Daphne ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT. She will watch entire 1-hour episodes over and over again. She actually asks us, "Want to watch 'eeves and 'ooster?" When Daphne was younger, she used to LOVE watching "Seinfeld". She must have a thing for comedies, I guess?

Daphne also loves the library. The other day, we entered the library and she YELLS, "OOH, LIBRARY" and I had to shush her. She has been asking me to take her back again, so we are returning today. She has been saying, "Want to go to wibrary, mommy. I want to go wibrary." Hilarious.

Daphne is such a big help with Lotus. She likes to baby-talk with Lotus. When Lotus wakes up from naps, she will tell me, "Baby wake-up, mommy." She loves to sit with Lotus and amuse her with funny faces.

I also got Daphne this cooking utensils set and now she sits on the floor for hours pretending to cook. Ikea was selling kid-sized cooking and baking sets that can actually be used to cook/bake, so I think I will buy her that so she can cook with me! How fun!

I got Daphne the cutest leggings. I will post pictures of this soon, so check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment