Wednesday, March 10, 2010

One is Healing, the Other is Falling Ill & Potty Training

Daphne woke up without a fever today, but she had a persistent cough. Lotus woke up slightly feverish. It will probably peak tomorrow (along with her crankiness) and subside within the following two days. Hopefully, Hypatia doesn't catch it.

Hypatia consumed another 3 ounces of pureed squash today at lunch. She's a very enthusiastic eater. I think it really amazes Emmanuel.

For the past few days, Lotus has been going around the house knicker-less to help her get in touch with her bladder and to help with her potty training. So far, so good. The past week, we hadn't had any accidents. Yes, a completely accident-free week! Almost unbelievable. I thought today would be a good day to take it to the next step--training undies. What was the first thing she did after I got her panties on? She shut herself in her room and pooped in them. Great. Great.

We had lunch at Kick Back Jack's. For the most part, it went smoothly, and my eggs in my Eggs Benedict were poached to perfection. Lotus wet herself, though (yes, I was audacious enough to venture out in public with her in training undies). Thankfully, her training undies absorbed most of the pee. Emmanuel dealt with that fiasco, so my Eggs Benedict experience went unmarred.

When we got home, I had Lotus go around naked from the waist down, just as she had been. Total fail. She had diarrhea (courtesy of her fever, no doubt) and let loose in her room. This is just great. I really hate diarrhea. Potty training was put on hold last time because of her incontrollable diarrhea. Totally not her fault. I really hate diarrhea.

Daphne has started taking showers by herself as of last night. She really enjoys them. She soaps herself up and everything. It is really quite remarkable, and I have a hard time believing she has actually started showering by herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment