Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Red Ribbon Adventures and Illness



We went to Red Ribbon for lunch on Friday, just the girls and me. It was sort of nutty. I ordered them Sotanghon first, but they saw the Palabok of the people sitting next to us. We also enjoyed chicken empanadas. It was somewhat stressful, and I don't think I'm going to venture out to eat with all three girls in tow. Maybe when Lotus is a little older, it will be more enjoyable. The Palabok was tasty, though.

Nothing interesting has happened since the filming of that video. In fact, the baby has been sick. For the past three days, she could not sleep without being held. So, we've been holding her. The worst of it was on Sunday night. Emmanuel stayed up until 4 AM holding Hypatia. He was so delirious that when I asked him to give Hypatia to me, he just kept grunting and shaking his head. I think Emmanuel may be the most empathetic human being I know personally. He just couldn't stand seeing Hypatia in so much discomfort, so he actually insisted on holding her while she slept. I think he thought he'd be able to put her down, but she really was un-put-downable. Despite that, he just kept holding her. I wouldn't have been able to do it. Did I mention that Emmanuel has finals this week?

We went to the doctor yesterday morning. I really love the girls' doctor. He recommended that we just allow Hypatia's illness to take it's natural course, especially since there are no cold medicines that are approved for babies as young as 6 months. I love the girls' doctor. He is so awesome. He actually held a fellowship at the Mayo Clinic.

I don't know what else to blog about. The house is messy. I have to stay home all day today because I'm anticipating the arrival of a package that needs to be signed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment